The Sea Pool at Bude was created in the 1930s to provide a haven for safe swimming for the people of the town and the thousands of people who visit it each year.
The pool nestles under the cliffs on the north Cornwall coast and is topped up twice a day by the waves of the Atlantic. On a summer’s day the sprawling, sparkling expanse of the Sea Pool offers a blissful opportunity to escape from modern life and to laze, splash or bathe in calm sea water.
Bude Sea Pool is around 91m long and 45m wide, Bude Sea Pool is a semi-natural structure so these are approximate measurements.
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Get in touch: email@example.com
Calendar of Events 2015
Sunday June 7th – The Big Lunch – Our Community fun day for everyone to come to enjoy.
Bring a picnic or enjoy poolside refreshments, and meet friends, new and old. Live music,
fun and games, BSLSC demo, etc.
- Sat 13th June – Shoreline Junior Triathlon – from 1030am (pool clear by 11am)
- Sun 14th June – FoBSP vs Bude Cricket Club – at Bude Cricket club
- Sat 20th June – Juniors Raft Race
- Sun 21st June – Adults Raft Race
- Sun 25th July – An Evening With Ian McNeice, TV’s Bert Large from Doc Martin
- Sun 26th July – Bude Heritage Day, at the Castle, a day not to be missed.
- 13th July – 19th Aug – ASA Swim Safe, FREE water and beach safety lessons at the pool in association with the RNLI – See our website to book sessions
- Sat 15th August – Bude Carnival – Look out for the FoBSP float
- 18 – 20th Sept – Bude for Food Festival – come to see us on our stand at this 2nd event
- Sat 10th Oct – Channel Challenge – 440 lengths of the pool in teams, a fantastic fundraiser, with participants from all over the UK!
- 17th Nov – AGM – Its Bude’s Sea Pool – come along and have your say!