Welcome to Bude Sea Pool
Bude Sea Pool is a semi-natural amenity that has provided a haven for free and safe bathing and other water-based activities since the 1930s.
Access to Bude Sea Pool is unrestricted and free of any admission charge, although it costs over £40,000 every year to keep it open and safe.
Almost 60,000 people visit Bude Sea Pool every year, making it the Number One visitor attraction in Bude.
It is managed by the Friends of Bude Sea Pool (FoBSP), a local charity that aims to preserve, improve and enhance Bude Sea Pool as a free amenity for the benefit of the community and the thousands of people who visit the town every year.
The FoBSP receives no public funding, so we rely on you to give us your support or make a donation to keep Bude Sea Pool going and to enhance this unique facility.
Story so far...
- Cornwall council funding withdrawn 2010
- Sea Pool threatened with demolition 2010
- Friends of Bude Sea Pool formed 2011
- FoBSP achieves charitable status 2011
- FoBSP take on Pool management 2012
- Emergency repairs to steps completed 2012
- Beach huts Phase 1 built and leased 2012
- Over 30,000 people visit Bude Sea Pool 2012
- Damaged section of Pool wall repaired 2013
- 30,000 tonnes of sand/rocks removed 2013
- New sluice-gate and bridge installed 2013
- Electricity and mains water connection 2013
- Over 50,000 people visit Bude Sea Pool 2013
- Sea wall repair Phase 1 2014
- Improved walkway through Coach Rock 2014
- New stainless steel railings donated by Stainless Studio Ltd 2014
- Sea wall Phase 2 completed 2015
- Beach Huts installed - Personal donation 2015
- Access Steps renewed 2015
- Approval of Hub granted 2015
- Hub opened August 2016
- Platform renewed 2016
- Sea Wall Repair 2017
Cost of refurbishment & improvements so far: £350,000
FoBSP have achieved all this with thanks to YOUR SUPPORT!