Bude Sea Pool is a semi-natural amenity that has provided a haven for free and safe bathing and other water-based activities since the 1930s. Access to Bude Sea Pool is unrestricted and free of any admission charge, although it costs over £30,000 every year to keep it open and safe. Almost 60,000 people visit Bude Sea Pool every year, making it the Number One visitor attraction in Bude.
It is managed by the Friends of Bude Sea Pool (FoBSP), a local charity that aims to preserve, improve and enhance Bude Sea Pool as a free amenity for the benefit of the community and the thousands of people who visit the town every year. The FoBSP receives no public funding, so we rely on you to give us your support or make a donation to keep Bude Sea Pool going and to enhance this unique facility.
- How can I find Bude Sea Pool? We are right on the South West Coast Path just above Summerleaze Beach in Bude, where you can park. See us on Google Maps.
- When’s the best time to come? Bude Sea Pool is open every day, 24 hours a day. It’s best to swim at low tide, and please avoid swimming at high tide. You can check the high tide times here.
- What does Bude Sea Pool look like today? Find out on the Bude webcam here.
- How can I use Bude Sea Pool safely? Bude Sea Pool provides a safer environment than the sea for swimmers and water sports, however it is not without risk, and use of Bude Sea Pool is at your own risk. Bude Sea Pool is a natural environment so sharp objects like rocks, shells etc. can wash into the pool and it may become slippery due to algae. Take care when using the walkways as these may be slippery when wet. Bude Sea Pool staff are present when the RNLI lifeguards maintain cover at Summerleaze beach during the summer months. Check out our safety information for more details.
- More questions? Click here for answers to all your questions.
Art Auction in aid of Bude Sea Pool
You’ve heard of ‘Homes under the Hammer’ but now it is time for ‘Art under the Hammer’! All in the name of raising money for Bude Sea Pool.
The Art Auction is being held at the Falcon Hotel on Friday November 25th. Viewings from 6pm, first lot at 8pm.
Please come along to show your support,
but also to bag yourself a bargain, or a rare piece of Art, viewing from 6pm.