Become a Volunteer and
join the Bude Sea Pool community
FoBSP would not be able to keep Bude Sea Pool open and operational without the enthusiasm, willingness, commitment and vast, varied and collective skills of its team of incredible volunteers. We are always looking for like-minded people, people like you. FoBSP has something for everyone and everyone has something to give. You may have an hour as a one-off, ad hoc or decide that you would like to volunteer on a more regular basis. You might want to be out in the elements or helping inside. You might be 8 or 80. Please contact us and let’s see if we can find something that you would love to do. Whatever time and skills you have to spare, your help in maintaining and preserving this unique local hot-spot is much appreciated.
Becoming a FoBSP Volunteer is a fantastic way to meet new people and become part of a friendly social group of all ages and backgrounds, all while having fun and giving practical support to running Bude Sea Pool.
Who do I contact?
Julie Barlow is the new FoBSP Volunteer Coordinator, appointed January 2020. FoBSP is delighted to count her as one of the team. Give Julie an email to register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that Julie is a volunteer also so does not work regular office hours. She will get back to you as soon as she can.
You can also drop by the FoBSP Shop and Office in Summerleaze Car Park during open hours to chat to our existing volunteers and members of staff who can give you a flavour of the volunteering opportunities available and take your details.
What can I do as a Volunteer?
Running FoBSP is just like running a business. There is a lot to do, some tasks on a daily basis, some seasonally. The charity thrives on a rich mix of skills, experiences, brains, muscles and smiles!
Are you someone who likes to:
- Make cakes and other delicious items for stalls at the Heritage Festival and Bude Carnival, Bude Pride and perhaps more North Coast Arts plays at Ebbingford Manor
- Organise annual events such as the Big Lunch and the fun Dog Show
- Help shape new events such as FoBSP’s 10 year birthday celebrations or the new Art Exhibition and Auction
- Welcome visitors and sell our fantastic range of merchandise at the Summerleaze shop
- Get pragmatic with admin in the office
- Get active outdoors with the fabulous winter maintenance volunteers, clearing away high-tide pebbles and storm debris
- Get practical with some DIY at the Pool, Hub and Office
- Get involved with the annual makeover of the pool and surrounding areas as part of our Spring Works, including painting the beach huts, keeping their paint fresh and in top condition and other associated tasks
- Share professional expertise and consider becoming a Committee member, for example event management or being a fundraising champion
When can I meet other Volunteers?
Due to the Trustees decision to delay all indoor in-person gatherings this early winter, we are not yet able to plan and announce the dates of upcoming monthly coffee mornings. We will however keep you updated as we are looking forward to resuming these as soon as is safely possible so that Volunteers, Committee members and Staff can come together and share the latest information and developments at the Sea Pool. We are all looking forward to this resuming. Volunteer work is still happening over winter outdoors so there are still opportunities to meet up.
We pride ourselves on having a very friendly group of volunteers and you won’t feel like a ‘newbie’ for long.
How do I join?
Please fill in a volunteer application form. Julie at email@example.com will be automatically notified and will register your interest, add you to her mailing list and be in contact in due course. Please bear in mind that Julie is a volunteer also so it may take her a couple of days or so to respond.
Thank you for your interest – we hope to meet you soon!