- Wednesday 15th November – AGM, 730pm , all members invited. The Falcon Hotel. Everyone is invited to attend our Annual General Meeting from 7:30pm to hear what is happening and put forward ideas regarding our iconic pool. The AGM is also when we welcome people to nominate themselves as a volunteer or a committee member and when existing Committee members stand for re-election, however please note that only FoBSP members have voting rights. We hope to see you there!
- Friday 10th November – Head to Rosie’s at Crooklets for an evening of music and side-splitting comedy with Christian Reilly. His sell- out Edinburgh Fringe gig comes to Bude!
Doors open at 7pm and Christian will be on stage at 9pm. Tickets are limited, they are £12 and are available from Seventh Wave Gallery, 25 Belle Vue, telephone 01288 356935.
- Sunday 29th October – FoBSP invite you to attend the first ever Bude Sea Pool Dog Show and fun dog swim (doggy paddle only!). As you all know dogs are not normally allowed in the pool but this will be a special ‘one off’ event to celebrate the end of the season so please go back to being good law abiding citizens thereafter!
- Saturday 30th Sept – Channel Challenge Event – 15 teams take part in swimming the distance of the English Channel in Bude Sea Pool. Thats 440 length per team, 22 lengths to a mile! Get in touch to register a team, come and support, help on the day, make cakes for the swimmers, a great annual event raising funds for Bude Sea Pool.
Enter here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bude-sea-pool-channel-challenge-2017-tickets-33047414707
- 23rd May – End of September, Bude Sea Pool Water Polo Club – If you are interested in joining just turn up at a training session.
- Saturday 19th August – Bude Carnival -There has been a Bude Carnival every year since 1920! Afternoon events in the Castle grounds, judging of the floats 530pm, procession around The Strand and Bude Town centre from 6pm Money collected on the day, after expenses, is donated to local charities and organisations.
- 31st July to 23rd August, Holidays – Swim Safe – exact days TBC, is an RNLI/ASA initiative, an annual programme of improver water safety sessions for all 7–14 year-olds at Summerleaze Beach and Bude Sea Pool. Its FREE to attend, with advice for parents too.
- Sunday 30th July – Bude Heritage Day – 30th July Is a fantastic celebration not only of the Bude area but the wider Cornish culture – showcasing the past, present and future with a huge variety of exhibits, stalls, free demonstrations, workshops and activities for visitors of all ages and interests to enjoy.
- Sunday 18th June – The Big Lunch – From 2pm – Eden Projects Big Lunch is a community event that FoBSP are fully supporting in this our 4th! Since it began in 2009, The Big Lunch — the UK’s annual get together for neighbours — has grown ten-fold and each year gets bigger and better. Bring a picnic, or enjoy local food from Life’s a Beach. Music and entertainment, taster sessions in the water Water Polo, BSLSC, Bude Canoe Club. Anyone who would like to perform, Face Paint, Magician, Etc please contact 07788745461.
- Sunday 10th June – Junior Triathlon – over the Downs, and in Bude Sea Pool – Organised by Shoreline – Time TBC
- Friday 12th May – Patrick Monahan – Big Night Out – The Falcon Hotel doors open 730pm – tickets available from The Falcon Hotel or Seventh Wave Gallery, or FoBSP