- Sunday 28th October – Dog Show and Swim, 2pm
- Saturday 6th October – Channel Challenge – 15 teams will again take on the elements in a challenge to swim 440 lengths, the equivalent of the distance of the English Channel. If you wish to enter a team please do get in touch soon as places fill up quickly.
- Saturday 18th August – Bude Carnival – during the day on the Castle grounds and the FoBSP float will be in the line-up in the evening to help raise funds for all the local Bude charities
- Sunday 29th July – Heritage Day – Bude Castle – It’s a day with something for everyone that includes miniature traction engines, classic cars, WWII military vehicles, Cornish food stalls, music ranging from brass to folk to jazz, and children’s entertainment including Punch & Judy, a magician, a clown and face painting
- Saturday 9th June – Junior Triathlon – organised by Shoreline Activities
- Friday 8th June – Environmental Agency Worlds Ocean Day – Details TBC
- Sunday June 3rd – The Big Lunch – 1-5pm. Community day picnic and entertainment at Bude Sea Pool, live music, events in and around the water, all welcome with old friends and to meetnew ones, with a picnic or sample the delights of the Lifes a Beach BBQ, more details will follow
- Saturday 21st April | Budehaven | 2 – 4pm Two hour fitness session with:Hour of Power, Garuda Pilates & Yoga – Raffle tickets on sale now
Sarah Curtis, Lisa Wood & Rosie Lewis have teamed up to raise money for Bude Sea Pool.
Three people will win a Fitness Goodie Bag containing fitness sessions plus a sports massage from either Sarah Miller, Sam Vanstone or SE Sports Therapy.
Raffle tickets are on sale NOW!! At all fitness instructor classes £2 per ticket.
☆ Bude Sea Pool Fitness Fundraiser Prize Draw ☆
- Wednesday 11th April – Breakthrough Therapies – Fundraiser Falcon Hotel 1 – 7pm— workshops and taster sessions, homeopathy, hypnotherapy, Self Esteem Analysis, Transformation techniques, Bowen, Cambridge diet, Kinesthetic learning, Reiki, Life Coaching, Herbalism to name a few – plus Raffle
- Wednesday 28th March – FoBSP Quiz Night – Get your teams organised and booked into the golf club for a FoBSP quiz night fundraiser, book direct with the Golf Club – Martyn organising. £5pp, teams of 6, nibbles on the table, bar open.
- Tuesday 27th March – Volunteers Coffee Morning at Sea Pool Hub 10.30am
- Saturday 24th February – Bude Metric Brass presents Band Together 10th Anniversary. A Brass Band extravaganza featuring at least 70 musicians from ten brass bands. Bude Sea Pool are honoured to be one of the charities supported by this event and we hope you can make it on 24th February – it is guaranteed to be a great evening.
- Wednesday 15th November – AGM, 730pm , all members invited. The Falcon Hotel. Everyone is invited to attend our Annual General Meeting from 7:30pm to hear what is happening and put forward ideas regarding our iconic pool. The AGM is also when we welcome people to nominate themselves as a volunteer or a committee member and when existing Committee members stand for re-election, however please note that only FoBSP members have voting rights. We hope to see you there!
- Friday 10th November – Head to Rosie’s at Crooklets for an evening of music and side-splitting comedy with Christian Reilly. His sell- out Edinburgh Fringe gig comes to Bude!
Doors open at 7pm and Christian will be on stage at 9pm. Tickets are limited, they are £12 and are available from Seventh Wave Gallery, 25 Belle Vue, telephone 01288 356935.
- Sunday 29th October – FoBSP invite you to attend the first ever Bude Sea Pool Dog Show and fun dog swim (doggy paddle only!). As you all know dogs are not normally allowed in the pool but this will be a special ‘one off’ event to celebrate the end of the season so please go back to being good law abiding citizens thereafter!
- Saturday 30th Sept – Channel Challenge Event – 15 teams take part in swimming the distance of the English Channel in Bude Sea Pool. Thats 440 length per team, 22 lengths to a mile! Get in touch to register a team, come and support, help on the day, make cakes for the swimmers, a great annual event raising funds for Bude Sea Pool.
Enter here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bude-sea-pool-channel-challenge-2017-tickets-33047414707
- 23rd May – End of September, Bude Sea Pool Water Polo Club – If you are interested in joining just turn up at a training session.
- Saturday 19th August – Bude Carnival -There has been a Bude Carnival every year since 1920! Afternoon events in the Castle grounds, judging of the floats 530pm, procession around The Strand and Bude Town centre from 6pm Money collected on the day, after expenses, is donated to local charities and organisations.
- 31st July to 23rd August, Holidays – Swim Safe – exact days TBC, is an RNLI/ASA initiative, an annual programme of improver water safety sessions for all 7–14 year-olds at Summerleaze Beach and Bude Sea Pool. Its FREE to attend, with advice for parents too.
- Sunday 30th July – Bude Heritage Day – 30th July Is a fantastic celebration not only of the Bude area but the wider Cornish culture – showcasing the past, present and future with a huge variety of exhibits, stalls, free demonstrations, workshops and activities for visitors of all ages and interests to enjoy.
- Sunday 18th June – The Big Lunch – From 2pm – Eden Projects Big Lunch is a community event that FoBSP are fully supporting in this our 4th! Since it began in 2009, The Big Lunch — the UK’s annual get together for neighbours — has grown ten-fold and each year gets bigger and better. Bring a picnic, or enjoy local food from Life’s a Beach. Music and entertainment, taster sessions in the water Water Polo, BSLSC, Bude Canoe Club. Anyone who would like to perform, Face Paint, Magician, Etc please contact 07788745461.
- Sunday 10th June – Junior Triathlon – over the Downs, and in Bude Sea Pool – Organised by Shoreline – Time TBC
- Friday 12th May – Patrick Monahan – Big Night Out – The Falcon Hotel doors open 730pm – tickets available from The Falcon Hotel or Seventh Wave Gallery, or FoBSP