Become a Volunteer and
join the Bude Sea Pool community
FoBSP would not be able to keep Sea Pool open and operational without the vim and vigour, the commitment and collective skills, or the enthusiasm of its team of incredible volunteers.
Always on the look-out for like-minded people, FoBSP has something for everyone. You may have an hour as a one-off or a weekly space in your diary. You might want to be out in the elements or helping inside. You might be 8 or 80. Please get in contact and let’s see if we can find a match. Whatever time and skills you have to spare, your help in maintaining and preserving this unique local hot-spot is much appreciated.
Becoming a FoBSP Volunteer is a fantastic way to meet new people and become part of a friendly social group of all ages and backgrounds, all while having fun and giving practical support to running Bude Sea Pool.
Who do I contact?
Julie Barlow is the new FoBSP Volunteer Manager, appointed mid-February 2021. FoBSP is delighted to count her as one of the team. Give Julie an email to register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that Julie is a volunteer also so does not work regular office hours. She will get back to you as soon as she can.
You can also drop by the FoBSP Shop and Office in Summerleaze Car Park during open hours to chat to our existing volunteers and members of staff who can give you a flavour of the volunteering opportunities available and take your details.
What can I do as a Volunteer?
Running FoBSP is just like running a business. There is a lot to do, some tasks on a daily basis, some seasonally. The charity thrives on a rich mix of skills, experiences, brains, muscles and smiles!
Are you someone who likes to:
- Make cakes and other delicious items for stalls at the Heritage Festival and Bude Carnival
- Organise annual events such as the Big Lunch and the Dog Show
- Help shape new events this year such as FoBSP’s 10 year birthday celebrations and an Art Exhibition and Auction
- Welcome visitors and sell our fantastic merchandise at the Summerleaze shop
- Get pragmatic with admin in the office
- Put your back into some manual labour, like clearing away high-tide pebbles and storm debris
- Get practical with some DIY at the Pool, Hub and Office
- Put the finishing touches on the beach huts, keeping their paint fresh and in top condition
- Share professional expertise and consider becoming a Committee member, for example event management
When can I meet other Volunteers?
Due to the Government restrictions on social gatherings, we are not yet able to plan and announce the dates of upcoming monthly coffee mornings. We will however keep you updated as we are looking forward to resuming these as soon as is safely possible so that Volunteers, Committee member and Staff can come together and share the latest information and developments at the Sea Pool.
How do I join?
Email Julie at email@example.com and she will register your interest, add you to her mailing list and be in contact in due course. Please bear in mind Julie is a volunteer also so it may take her a couple of days to respond.
If you’d like to volunteer a few moments of your time just now, you could help us test our new online application form
It's fun volunteering for Bude Sea Pool
Sea Pool Volunteers working hard to remove boulders and rubble from the shallow end after a recent rock fall