The SW Skinny is a public skinny dip, chunky dunk or fancy-dress swim celebrating togetherness and the importance of camaraderie and moral support, all whilst raising money for Mind – the mental health charity
Wednesday 13th February, 7.30pm
Book now for a fun filled evening of trivia and general knowledge questions for all ages.
Entry to the quiz is £3 per person which will be donated to Friends of Bude Sea Pool.
Teams of up to 4 people with a prize for the winning team.
To book please call Sazerac on 01288 352451
On Thursday 14th March at 7pm, Loretta Cox will be at the Falcon Hotel in Bude.
Loretta Cox is a Marathon open Water Swimmer and Swim Coach, Multi Time English Channel Swimmer, Triple Crown Swimmer, Author;
She will be giving a presentation and talk with an insight into long distance cold water swimming, training, feeding, pitfalls, pilot boats, Q&A’s etc.
Donations can be made on the door to Friends of Bude Sea Pool
The bar will be open.
Sunday was a great day at Bude’s Sea Pool – the community certainly enjoyed the afternoon! Over £450 was raised by the guys at Life’s a Beach barbecue and Bude Sea Pool’s tea and cake stall!
Thanks go to the following people….
*David and his staff at Life’s a Beach who cooked for free.
*Warrens Butchers who donated the burgers
*Snouts and Trotters, Marhamchurch who donated the sausages
* The Bakery in Queen Street who donated the rolls
* Bude Nippers for the loan of the barby
* The Jeff Palmer Band
* GMC Choir
* Mark Rosser Swing Singer
* The FoBSP volunteers who baked cakes
* Bude Sea Pool Water Polo Club
* Scott at Bude Surfing Experience
* Bude Sharks Swimming Club
And finally, everyone who came to enjoy the event and support Bude Sea Pool!
On Sunday 18th June come and join us for The Big Lunch from 2pm.
Eden Projects Big Lunch is a community event that FoBSP are fully supporting in this our 4th! Since it began in 2009, The Big Lunch — the UK’s annual get together for neighbours — has grown ten-fold and each year gets bigger and better. Bring a picnic, or enjoy local food from Life’s a Beach. Music and entertainment, taster sessions in the water – Water Polo, BSLSC, Bude Canoe Club.
- 5th March 2016 – Bude’s got Talent – Budehaven School
12th June 2016 – Big Lunch – Bude Sea Pool’s annual community event, all invited! Bring a picnic or enjoy excellent food from Life’s a Beach
18th June 2016 – Junior Triathlon
- 25th June 2016 – Annual Solstice Raft Race – open to all schools, clubs, groups and organisations. Build your own raft to take part. Contact email@example.com
- 24th July 2016 – Bude Heritage Day
- 20th August 2016 – Bude Carnival
10th September 2016 – Headland Reunion
16th – 18th September 2016 – 3rd annual Bude for Food Festival
- 1st October 2016 – Channel Challenge – are you or your team up for this challenge?